Modofinil decreases extreme sleepiness due to narcolepsy and other sleep disorders such as difficult/irregular breathing
during sleep (e.g., obstructive sleep apnea/hypopnea syndrome-OSAHS).
Modofinil is prescribed to help you stay awake during work hours for people with work schedules that interfere with a normal sleep routine (shift work sleep disorder-SWSD).
Modofinil side effects
The most common side effects of Modofinil in clinical trials are:
- Upper respiratory tract infection;
These each occur in more than 5% of patients.
How to use Modofinil
Take by mouth, in the morning, as directed. Use Modofinil exactly as prescribed. Do not increase your dose,
take Modofinil more frequently or use Modofinil for a longer period of time than prescribed because Modofinil can be habit-forming.
Store at room temperature between 66 and 79 degrees F (19 to 26 degrees C) away from light and moisture.
Tell your doctor if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are taking a monoamine oxidase inhibitor
- if you have a history of mental or mood problems, suicidal thoughts or actions, or alcohol or other substance abuse or dependence
- if you have liver problems, cirrhosis, kidney problems, heart problems, or high blood pressure
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
Buy drugs online:
All about Modafinil:
What is Modafinil
Ideal dosage of Modafinil
Brand names of Modafinil
Modafinil and aviators
Modafinil and COPD